Sunday, August 7, 2016

The Memorial Fund



I am so blown away by everyone's generosity and truly grateful beyond words!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all those out there who knew us or even just heard our story and said a prayer, word of sympathy, donated, or shared the site. I certainly feel wrapped in the loving energy each of you send!

What I'm dealing with is something no mother should ever have to do: bury her young child. Adding to the stress and grief is the financial burden that goes along with the cost of burial services. What hurts even more is that I tried to do the responsible thing and buy a life insurance policy when Sebastian was born, but was turned down by each one I looked into because of his congenital heart defect (aka: they won't insure people they are more likely to have to pay out on). Once I started working for the school district again when Sebastian was two, I was finally able to obtain a policy for him (and one for myself). After paying on the insurance policy for two years, I lost it when I left my job to take care of Sebastian's medical needs in March.

I am not alone in this messed up life insurance policy business. So many other parents of medically fragile children wind up in the same predicament. I will be using this blog as a way to fuel my mission to get Gerber Life Insurance to change their exemption policies. Be on the lookout for future blogs or petitions to help other families not have to suffer thru the same thing I'm facing!

No comments:

Post a Comment